Friday 8 February 2013

Been a bit rubbish at the updating my blog, so bear with me

Aidan had his Ed Psych appointment on Monday, and when I have a little time I will come on to talk about all that was said during the session.

For now I will just talk about a little success. One of the ideas discussed was using newspapers more with him, so he can see as many words as possible, on as regular a basis as possible.

We don't generally have newspapers in the house, mainly because I find the news just too depressing. I get my news fix now a days from a combination of the internet and teletext. Somehow the news seems easier to cope with when its presented in short stories with few pictures.

Taking the advice about newspapers I decided to opt for the more gentle local paper. Asking Aidan to try and read an article is likely to be a big step too far. So his first challenge was to find and highlight 20 "and"s. Now this is a boy that whinges as the mere hint, glimmer or mention of reading or homework. He sat at the table and willingly found the words, even going beyond and finding nearly 40. Now this is unheard of, willing work!

His next challenge was to find all the words with 4 letters or less in one article, again he attacked the challenge with enthusiasm, dare I say it he actually almost seemed to enjoy it.

I am no fool I know this is just small progress, but I always welcome any positive steps, no matter how teeny tiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment