Wednesday 12 September 2012

Ed Psych

I am no expert on special needs, in fact the more time I spend in this arena, the more I wonder if anyone actually knows what they are talking about!

Sorry thats just me being grumpy, we have had lots of great support, but sometimes everything seems just so slow and in bits. Why can't we all just have a lovely flow chart.

Diagnosed with dyslexia - Assessment, Try thing A, B and C, Referral to...... ( and so on)

Most of the success we have had seems to be due to someone mentioning something or a passing comment, rather than a nice clear cut path for us to follow.

Anyway I did not come on to rant, I came to make an update. The ed psych referral paprework is done, and is flying off to wherever these things go, so we are now in the very long waiting process to actually see this mythical person who actually may understand what is going on and be able to support us more.

I have to admit I am not even certain what an Ed Psych will be able to offer us ( or even what they really do if I am honest). However we have been told by our lovely and very much trusted OT that this is the next step, so follow her blindly I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment