Monday 17 December 2012

News to me...

Apparently in his last spelling assessment at school Aidan had failed to make progress and had actually gone backwards, God help us.

No one had told me this until I happened to notice it on his form today, so his spelling age according to the school is now 6, while he actual age is 9.5.

I am telling myself that the school assessments generally suck, so just to ignore this backwards step. Sadly he still finds spelling to be such a hardship, we still try so hard with him. This week he has a set of "igh" words to try and teach him that sound and a set of u_e words. As usual after a few days he gets the idea, but forgets it just as quickly.

Who needs spellings, I am sure he will be using text type spellings by the time he is an adult, and the spell it exactly as it sounds is pretty much his current method, so he will be set. Maybe I should stop telling him off and start encouraging him to say and write soz, and other such annoying text talk. Sadly its still annoys me to death to hear him talking like some illiterate teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment