Monday 17 December 2012

Party, party, party, the eagle has landed

Yes the Ed Psych referral is winging its way towards the depths of some NHS waiting list. Right at this second I don't care that it may take decades before he is seen, and I don't care if they can help him or not. I am just so glad that the paperwork is heading to its rightful home.

Lovely new OT managed to get a brief outline of the assessment sent out to the SENCO, how great is she. It states that the Ed Psych referral is needed "due to continued difficulties with his academic learning, especially..... for advice with regards to his dyslexia, processing information and handwriting"

As soon as the OT outline hit the doormat I was on the phone to the SENCO, and found out that she is happy with this reasoning, so she phoned the Ed Psych referral helpline ( who knew that such a thing existed). They gave her whatever advice they gave her, and she finished filling out the forms.

Apparently they can't send out the DRT assessments and the other information about him without my approval, so as soon as I finished work I did my roadrunner impression, and with wheels spinning headed to the school at the speed of light to sign anything she saw fit to put in front of me.

Come on Mr Postman get your backside in gear and deliver that piece of gold dust for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment