Sunday 2 December 2012

Does being embarrassed make you a bad mum?

This is a question that came up about us mum that have a child with special needs. Does having those feelings of being embarrassed by your child at times make you a bad or an uncaring mum?

This got me thinking. I am proud of Aidan beyond words, he is amazing and makes me proud every single day of my life.

However there are moments when reading comes up in everyday life. When Aidan is struggling with something you would expect a 9 year old to be able to read I all to quickly jump in to read it for him or to justify his struggling to the stranger.

I know in part I do this to protect him, but I also do it to stop the stranger looking at me and judging me as a parent. Now is this bad, or just a natural reaction?

No comments:

Post a Comment